Finally time to make an official announcement of the next upcoming product I’ve been working together with Arto Vaarala. The Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080 AudioUnit & VST plugin editor.
This plugin is made to control your external hardware synth via MIDI. This plugin won’t produce sound!
It’s on the beta stage at the moment and final adjustments are taking place now. It’s working on 32 & 64-bit modes on VST and AU formats on MAC.
PC softwares & formats hasn’t been tested yet as we’re coding the plugin on OS X.
PC USERS: Win release will follow later :)
What it can do:
- Load in as an AudioUnit or VST for MAC (32 & 64 bit INTEL only!)
- Edit both layers separately from single plugin window.
- Link layers to edit both layers at the same time.
- Scroll thru User Performances (U:11 – U:88) from Hardware.
- Sends out all parameter values when you open up your project with the plugin or load a saved patch.
- MIDI & SysEx transmission between the DAW and the Hardware (requires MIDI interface).
- Patches saved within your daw are scrollable.
- Load and Save banks to and from your HDD.
- Edit almost every function of your JP. JP-8080 and JP-8000 incompatible parameters marked with **.
- All important parameters can be automated.
What it won’t do:
- Transmit any audio.
- Save patches directly to your hardware. (maybe in future version!)
- Voice modulator parameters are not available (you can do this from your hardware).
- External audio inputs not selectable (you can do this from your hardware).
- Arp / internal Tempo knob and Solo switch functions not working with Request function, but instead, the values are sent when scrolling thru the patches.
Still to-do before initial release:
Layer sync button. done 25.02.2013
Sysex request from synth. done 09.03.2013
User presets (U:xx) scrollable with the plugin. done 18.03.2013
Saving to HDD and loading from HDD. done 09.03.2013
SysEx in (to address sysex msg to the knobs and buttons). done 11.03.2013
Midi in (to address midi msg to the knobs and buttons). done 14.03.2013
Part of global settings. done 03.03.2013
Part of Arp parameters. done 28.02.2013
Graphical finishing. done 17.03.2013
Mac AU & VST beta testing. We’re on it ATM =) done
- Serial protection and demo package.
VST / AU DAW’s tested (in 32 and 64-bit modes):
- Apple Logic Pro 7 and up – working!
- Ableton Live 7 and up – working!
- Motu Digital Performer 8 – working! (vst & au)
- Cocos Reaper – Working!
- Steinberg Cubase 7 – working!
Pricing: 49,95 EUR (VST & AU) Lifetime updates.
Release: May 2013.
- Mystery Islands ‘Always Alive’ soundset included in plugin format (.MDP)
If you wish to receive news about the final release, join the mailing list or check the forums about the beta process :-)
Final product page here: http://www.mysteryislands-music.com/?p=2690