Virus|HC AU / VSTi plug-in update v1.1.0
Since December 2014, we have come a long way with our Virus|HC plugin and its updates. This new update is a major release, which you should download and update as soon as possible!
Well the biggest addition could be that we added “VirusTI” functions to our plugin. Saying that, VirusTI user arp editor can’t be added, because it is impossible for us to debug the USB data flow.
If someone knows how we / or someone else could investigate USB cable data flow between the Virus and computer, let us know!
Additions and fixes since v1.0.6
- [New] Manual has been completely re-written and it can be view from either product page, plug-in updates page or you can find it from your HDD where you installed it.
- [New] Modulation Matrix and LFO slots updated if model selection is VirusTI.
- [New] Rest of the known VirusTI controls added and data being parsed to the UI when changing patches.
- [New] Value display now shows knob, menu, button “value” in screen based on the controller AND current #cc value inside -characters.
- [Fixed] Filter link switch didn’t work as supposed under certain Virus models.
- [Fixed] Patch names can be only 10 characters long in the displays.
- [Fixed] Removed “Select MIDI Ports” notification popup due to the fact that it was annoying
- [Fixed] Under some conditions, processing data window did not appear.
- [Fixed] Reduced graphics cpu load.
- [Fixed] Incoming multi data was skipped after parts data was processed prior to last update.
- [New] Updated librarian graphics to meet the patch numbering from hardware. Now counts from 0 to 127.
- [New] Added Virus|TI Oscillators 1 & 2 with their knobs, menus etc.
- [New] Added Virus|TI Reverb functions to the plugin.
- [New] Graphics updated to included buttons, menus and switches for new features.
- [New] Added Virus|TI Mod Matrix destinations for all slots that were missing.
- [New] Added Virus|TI Envelope 3 & Envelope 4 knobs to the user interface. They can be viewed by selecting different envelope from menu.
- [Fixed] Improved incoming MIDI data transmission over the plugin to the hardware.
- [Fixed] Some controls (amp release, lfo1 rate, lfo2 rate) didn’t respond to incoming midi messages.
- [Fixed] Delay / Reverb settings and knobs didn’t work as supposed, when adjusting knob from hardware.
- [Fixed] When Lfo 1 osc 1 & 2 link was on, link didn’t work when osc 2 knob was moved.
- [Fixed] When Lfo 2 filter 1 & 2 link was on, link didn’t work when filter 2 knob was moved.
- [Fixed] Oscillator 1 & 2 Semitone values displayed wrong value on plugin interface when knob was moved from hardware.
- [New] Override Patch Tempo button in settings #2 tab now fetches tempo information from your host and overrides the current tempo of the hardware. If tempo is changed after setting MIDI I/O from the plugin, original tempo data is intact. Reload either MIDI in or MIDI out port from plugin interface to update Virus tempo info.
- [New] User can now scroll thru hardware memory per part from the previous / next buttons. Current bank selection from plugin selects same bank from hardware. User can also scroll thru the library when “control library from midi / hw” is enabled as announced in v1.0.5 update.
- [Note] In Apple Logic, program change commands that come in from channel 1 won’t be sent towards any plugins. This means that you have to use your master keyboard on a different channel in order to manage librarian / hardware memory with it
As usual very well done, and congratulations, – but especially in this case, – considering the carelessness of Access Music to their own Virus Control plugin, which is an embarrassment for around a decade. – I am sure that the Virus HC comes with a great relief to Access Music, and just want to hope that they are showing it. – In any case, – again congratulations – and keep up the great work Jani.