Hey folks and Happy New Year 2020!
We are getting some questions about the macOS Catalina support on our products and I’m happy to tell that 9 products comply with macOS Catalina at the moment. The two which are not yet macOS Catalina compatible are Roland JP-80×0 and Access VirusHC plug-ins.
Important thing to note about the macOS Catalina change is that new location for plug-in license and patch data has been changed. New location is at /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/(plugin name)/ – You have to manually copy and paste your existing data to the new location in order to validate the license and to have access to your favorite presets.
About the JP-80×0 and VirusHC updates: JP-80×0 is not too bad to update but VirusHC has old frameworks which need to be re-written and I’ve started that process already. In fact, we are going to bring 5 new plug-in models for VirusHC along with “legacy” HC version so you can return to your projects with ease. So what does new plug-ins mean? Well, we are making new plug-in models for each of the Virus-series.
VirusHC A – works with the first generation Virus model
VirusHC B – works with Virus B, KB, Indigo, Rack and Classic
VirusHC C – works with Virus C, KC, Indigo 2, Rack XL
VirusHC TI – works with TI 1 & 2
VirusHC Snow – works with TI Snow
New updates will also include new user interfaces / skins; virus a-b, virus c, virus ti, classic, legacy, white and dark star + indigo! New frameworks design, resizable user interface and so on.. Also, individual plug-ins will make it easier to store your settings in it like default MIDI I/O for example.
Anyway, JP-80×0 and VirusHC updates are on the way and we are looking forward to publish them out within one month! :-)
Good news to all of our Waldorf microQxR Editor fans! We have updated the plug-in to version 1.0.0 which means: Blofeld import is here!
You can now drag and drop blofeld sound banks to /User/Documents/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf microQxR Editor/Patches folder and use presets designed in Blofeld with microQ! Yes!
Also we did some other work beyond that:
Version 1.0.0 / 2018-01-29
- Librarian can now handle Patch files which contains multiple patches. Original Bank will be moved to /User/Documents/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf microQxR Editor/Converted Banks/ after the conversion is done.
Note that if bank contains Multi Files as well, they can be viewed only when Librarian is in Multi File Mode.
- Plug-in can now read Blofeld Patch files. User can now drag’n’drop any Blofeld patch banks to /User/Documents/Mystery Islands Music/Waldorf microQxR Editor/Patches/ folder and they will be converted to microQxR format & original file will be moved to folder mentioned above.
Note that patches created with Blofeld will not sound the same with microQ as there are different waveforms and modulation capabilities in Blofeld vs microQ.
- Fixed issues where Requesting full bank of Single / Multi files did not work as expected.
- Fixed issue where Filter, Amp, Env 3 and Env 4 did not send / receive their data properly when values were changed.
- Included all the FX parameters to show values on the plug-in display, like they are shown in the hardware.
- Filter Link added. Now if LINK is toggled on, Filter knobs will move dynamically, like they do in the hardware.
- Phoenix Skin has deeper RED colour now.
- Overall adjustments to colour schemes.
- Fixed typo in Bybass → Bypass on all Effects and Filters.
- Amp Mod Source and many other parameters now display the value changes in the plug-in LCD.
- Filter 2 menu and knob positions migrated from Filter 1 to make sound designers life better ;)
Update is available right NOW at https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/
If you would like to follow our work and keep an eye on the change logs, you can view it here.
Thanks to everyone for your inputs towards this release. We really appreciate it :)
If you find issues with this version, please leave a support request / bug report here.
Roland JP-80×0 update, Waldorf qXr update, Waldorf bloX beta RC1 & pre-order will be available this week. We will extend the pre-order time for bloX once we are ready to publish it.
Waldorf Blofeld Editor & Librarian: “Waldorf bloX” is coming soon. While the new year rolled out, we have been working harder than ever. In December, we moved our office, which has resulted our mailbox to flood over – We have still yet to catch up.
Anyway, in the background, we have worked on with Waldorf Blofeld Editor plug-in as well as Waldorf microQ and Q plug-ins too. In fact, our microQxR and qXr plug-ins are now in version 0.9.9 Release Candidate 3. This is the last stage before we implement the blofeld bank import within these plugins. Try out the latest demo now and let us know how it works out and where we could improve.
Waldorf microQxR AudioUnit & VST Editor / Librarian plug-in
Waldorf qXr AudioUnit & VST Editor / Librarian plug-in
Here is what you will get with Waldorf bloX:
- Multimode editor to control all 16 parts within single plug-in instance.
- Accurate view of the current preset with fast editing capabilities.
- Automate almost every parameter.
- Total Recall to send your patch data automatically into blofeld up on opening a session.
- Extensive librarian with copy, paste, rename, init, randomizing and organizing patches or multi files.
- Ability to import presets from microQ and Q (import MIDI file).
- Two different GUI’s: White and Black, your choice.
- And a lot more!
We are working hard to get this out in couple of days for pre-order. Pre-order / intro price will be set at 34,95€ and this offer will be valid until the end of January 2018 when we expect to release the final version.
Waldorf Blofeld Editor & Librarian plug-in screenshots
Let us know your throughs, questions and suggestions!
Have a great start for 2018,
- Mystery Islands Music Team
Waldorf microQxR Editor and Librarian plug-in for Waldorf microQ -series is available now. (more…)