Waldorf Pulse2X has been updated to version 1.0.2 with following changes:
Version 1.0.2 / 2020-04-05
* [New] Clock Source can now be selected in Arp / Mod Matrix tab. * [Fixed] Resolved issue where Pattern Step Editor did not appear as it should. * [Fixed] Resolved issue where LFO 1 Clock modes were not selectable. * [Fixed] Resolved issue where Noise Level was not working.
Full version can be downloaded from downloads page and demo from the product page.
Waldorf Pulse2X release is now available! Just as we were almost ready to publish it, I had to leave my office and head in home and prepare everything for home schooling kids due to COVID-19 outbreak. It’s been almost 3 weeks now since we made the decision to stay home. We hope you understand the gravity of the situation and won’t judge our delay due to stuff happening beyond our control.
Pre-order did close in early March, which was one month ago. All pre-order licenses and licenses download before March 30th, has to be re-downloaded. There was an error in our license-generator which we did not notice earlier.
There are 3 issues with the plug-in at the moment, which were spotted yesterday by Giles (thanks buddy!);
[macOS / PC] ARP Tempo knob is not responding.
[macOS / PC] ARP Tempo does not have sync option to DAW tempo.
The happy day is here: Roland JP-80×0 update is now available! We went above & beyond while working with the JP-80×0 update. Entire framework got re-written which was quite a task to say at least.
I did not count the commits I pushed to our GIT, but I would estimate 90% of the code got under inspection and re-write. That would result around 63 000 lines of code 🧐
Anyway, to summarize what has been changed: it’s everything. We did new graphics, with resize option of course. We did new MIDI system settings in the background to work out the transmission and receive process a lot smoother! Also, one of the long term issues has been fixed: librarian crash when making the initial scan of the JP-80×0 plug-in, woo hoo!
* [MAC] Support for macOS Catalina. User data moved to /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/(plugin-name)/ folder. User must manually copy sound data from old /Documents/Mystery Islands Music/ folder to the new location. * [New] Completely re-wrote the plug-in framework. It is still backwards compatible :-). * [New] User Manual included with up-to-date instructions and explanations of functions. User manual located in data folder. * [New] Release All Locks function added. Read more from the user manual how it works under certain circumstances. * [New] Quick Save function added. Read more from user manual. * [New] Open Data Directory function added. Read more from user manual. * [New] User Interface resize function is working now. * [New] User Interface graphics improved. * [New] Patch Librarian now includes search function. Read more from user manual. * [Fixed] Sounds were recalled in Mono in some cases. This might be the case until you re-save your project after re-selecting the Mono mode to off status. * [Fixed] There was a lot “time out” issues under certain circumstances. * [Fixed] In some cases, JP-8080 caused “Device not found” messages. * [Fixed] Librarian caused plug-in to crash when making the initial scan. This should be fixed now.
Speaking of User Manual mentioned in the change log, we did it finally! Complete User Manual for Roland JP-80×0 plug-in is now available and big thanks to everyone who contributed on making it simple, clear and to the point. Special thanks to Steve Johns!
You can download the user manual from link below:
Roland JP-80×0 User Manual
Roland JP-80x0 User Manual in PDF format. We have covered every aspect of the plug-in usage and functions in the manual. View Online version
Novation SNX and Novation SN2X plug-ins has been updated to new version. Novation SNX is now at v1.0.9 and Novation SN2X is at v1.1.2
We brought in a new feature set for both plug-ins and they share the same change log in that manner.
[New] Request Interval has a new range of 50ms, 75ms, 100ms, 150ms, 200ms, 300ms, 400ms, 500ms. Default is set to 100ms. When writing data to hardware, it is suggested to use 150ms interval (by us).
[New] Patch & Bank conflict warning system. This means that when ever parts share same bank & program number info, it will warn the user of such action. This function is great when data is being recalled to synth since it would overwrite the buffer with another parts data. *
[New] Bank and Patch Number display. Browse hardware banks / patches OR Librarian banks / patches from the main UI. **
[New] Browse Banks and Patches from Plug-in GUI without entering Librarian view. If Library Control is toggled on, user can browse banks and patches of librarian without having to enter the librarian itself. ***
[New] Saving mechanism update for GUI data to librarian has been improved. Now there is a single button in Librarian view to store GUI data on currently selected slot of Librarian view. User still has to Overwrite the bank or Save As under a new bank name for safety measure. ****
[New] Open Data Folder menu item in Patch Librarian Bank Edit menu. *****
[New] Multi level subfolder support for Patch Librarian.
[New] Improved MIDI and SysEx handling.
[New] Auto-save MIDI I/O. MIDI input and output are stored into text file when they are initially set. Next time the plug-in is inserted, these ports will be recalled and global data will be requested from the hardware. *****
[Fixed] Resolved issue where plugin would fail to pass scanning process and did not appear in the DAW.
[Other] Altered some button colors in Librarian to draw in more attention.
[Other] Framework updates to make everything work smoother.
Lets talk about the new features a bit;
Bank Conflict Warning System
(*) Patch & Bank conflict warning systems ensure that you as a user won’t have two of the same presets chosen at the same time. This would cause conflicts when editing another part while the other part has the same presets chosen as well. Of course, there are synths which can deal this in good fashion by providing a good temp memory for editing patches, but we just want to make sure same combination of banks and programs won’t be used. The popup is a bit annoying (maybe) but it can save your work!
Better UX Controls
(**) As seen in the image above, we have new bank and program number display which will indicate the currently selected bank and program per part. These values change when you change part giving you faster access to your presets.
Clicking the bank letter, will popup a bank selection list and..
Clicking the program number will popup a program selector list in segments of 10 program each.
When “Request Data On Bank / Program Change” is active and you make program change via your master keyboard, plugin menu or Novation hardware, plug-in will automatically pull the current program data to the user interface.
When “Library Control On Program Change” is active, plugin will send program from patch librarians corresponding slot to the Novation hardware while updating the user interface as well.
Note, that while the “Library Control On Program Change” is on, you can click on bank letter to popup a list of your Patch Librarian banks in and quickly choose the bank you want to browse. Same applies to program number menu, except you can see the program names as well :-) Few images below to demonstrate how it looks!
(***) Solid arrow shows the Library Control On Program Change is toggled on. Box indicates the bank selection menu trigger and dashed arrows indicate banks chosen.
(***) Solid arrow shows the Library Control On Program Change is toggled on. Box indicates the program selection menu trigger and dashed arrows indicate program chosen.
Save Part to Slot
(****) Librarian feature set has been improved to make saving process a bit faster on your custom edits. Now user can quickly request current part edit data to the librarian and work it from there.
Simply enter Patch Librarian, choose a bank you want to modify & a program slot and click “Save Data to Slot”. This will request current user interface data to the currently selected librarian lost! For safety measures, user still has to Overwrite the bank or choose Save As.. in order to store the data. Two clicks less ;-)
Works in Performance and Program mode.
Open Data Folder
(*****) Open Data Folder option in Patch Librarian Bank Edit menu allows user to open the plugin data directory quickly. This way user can paste the license.key in the root folder and/or paste program & performance banks in the Patches folder. As we now have multi-level subfolder support, user can create folders according to their needs and put the banks in them.
Click Bank Edit menu item
Choose Open Data Folder near the bottom and it will open a new finder (macOS) or explorer (Windows) window on your OS.
Upper list “right click” functions
On top of everything about the update, I just wanted to drop a line about the right click menu on the upper program/performance/pattern selection list. As with version 1.1.2, we made some cosmetic changes to understand better what each function does. Get DATA from…
Plug-in (active patch) * this will request either a Program or Performance from plug-in user interface to the currently selected slot. Note in program mode that part selection matters too!
Hardware Edit Buffer * this will request buffer program or performance from hardware to librarian slot. Note in program mode that part selection matters too!
Hardware by Prog No. * this will request Program or Performance defined by the user into the librarian slot. If you request data from slot 042 and you have Bank C selected on the new display, this will get Program number 042 from Bank C from your synth.
That sums up the update and these features has been slowly rolling into our other plug-ins as well. Next in the line are VirusHC and JP-80×0!
You can download the DEMO version from the product pages:
Waldorf bloX update closes in yet another milestone for Waldorf blofeld Editor & Librarian plug-in. In this update, we brought Patch search functions in librarian, resize-able GUI (requires plug-in / project restart) and some tweaks to overall data flow to make it work a bit quicker.
There are some reports in the forums where users are saying they can not import data in to librarian. If you experience any issues, please post them in the forums and we will have ’em fixed asap.
Here is the change log: (full change log page in the forums: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/forums/topic/waldorf-blox-change-log/ )
Version 1.0.9 / 2018-12-26
* [New] Patch Librarian now includes search function. This is limited to single patch files (programs). You can toggle search window on by clicking the magnify glass in the middle section of the librarian view. Please note that letter size matters. * [New] Resize-able GUI. There are now three different size options available and we hope they work for you. We can not make the plug-in UI too small or too big with current framework, or the graphics will look dodgy as the images are scaled. * [Fixed] Sending programs and performances works a lot faster now.
Again, you can download the update from the downloads PAGE after login or if you want to try out the plug-in before buying:
Korg microKxR AudioUnit & VST plug-in has been updated to version 1.3.3 with several fixes and improvements. This update is available now and it is ready for Mac and PC users. Download the update from https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/ after login.
There was a nasty issue we overlooked on some of the non CC, MSB/LSB parameters which caused the sound go mental. This should be all good now, at least it worked here in-house while I was benchmarking it for the past 6 hours (ended up writing 8:53 trance-master piece hehe).
It still might have some odd bits here and there which I have overlooked, but as usual, I will fix the issues as they appear. Use the forum to post your findings and I will check them out there. I will not look for other forums – there is enough work to look from one place.
Anyway, here is the full list of changes & fixes:
Version 1.3.3 / 2018-12-22
* [New] Implemented search function. Now user can search librarian files for patches based on the search term. This is case sensitive and if results are found, they are shown in the lower patch selection list.
Version 1.3.2 / 2018-12-20
* [New] IF layer link switch is toggled on, both layers change their value as expected – Layer 1 is kept open. * [Fixed] When switching any of the non-CC or non-LSB/MSB knobs, buttons or menu items sound was completely messed up. * [Fixed] Program Change buttons work as expected. * [Fixed] Total Recall works as expected. * [Other] Removed EG2/GATE toggle switch and Filter & Amplifier Velo Sense knobs from the GUI as it did not work for microKorg. * [Other] Fastened up the patch change process if sent via the plug-in librarian to hardware.