Finally, we have made a big progress / next step in our developments with Clavia NL2xR v1.0.5 update. Clavia NL2xR is the first plugin to have new librarian menus instead of lousy buttons / switches combinations to work through. Many other improvements has come along, like:
- Import sysex or midi data directly into NL2xR patches folder to show them in the librarian.
- Copy & Paste, Rename and Initialize librarian slots.
- Subfolder are now displayed in their on submenu at main patch menu.
- Original Clavia Nord Lead / Rack factory sound banks have names now.
- Our Mystery Islands Northern Lights soundset has been improved.
- And many more.
Check the Clavia NL2xR Manual Addendum for what has changed. List can be found on product page -> change log tab. Link to product page below.
Clavia NL2xR AudioUnit/ VST Editor & Librarian Plug-in
Customers who has purchased the plug-in license, can find the updates from “my account” page.
Access Virus|HC plugin has been updated to version 1.4.5 with several critical fixes:
- Data was not sent correctly to Virus up on project recall.
- Arrow keys now work in librarian window to scroll patches.
- Removed the all annoying “please wait…” window and re-placed it with a new “loading…” overlay that only appears in bottom right corner.
- IMPORTANT: keep your Virus in MULTI mode while you recall your project. Otherwise the multimode mixer data won’t be understood by the hardware. You can swap between MULTI & MULTISINGLE/SEQ MODE mode if you want to change a different patch from your hardware but must return to MULTI mode later on :-)
- Core updates.
If you already own a license for VirusHC, you can download the free update from your account.
Demo versions are also updated and downloadable from the Access Virus|HC product page.
Finally after a long time and endless hours of editing and tweaking the code, we are good to release v1.0.9 or our Korg microKxR editor & librarian plugin. Just before you head to download, we are still missing manual from the release package, but you can figure most out yourself if you know your unit at all.
Basics: CC & NRPN knobs send out data normally from plugin to hardware and vice versa, but when it comes to sysex knobs, data is not being transmitted from the hardware to software at all. Just remember that! And, when moving sysex knobs / menus from the plugin, our plugin will send the whole patch data chunk to hardware, which will cause glitches to the microKorg engine. This is a feature of the synthesizer itself, since while we send a lot of data, the sound engine will “stop” until the data is analyzed.
Right, we hope that you enjoy the latest version and if you find anything odd / suggestions etc, please comment BELOW!
Finally, we added “request from plugin” button to MS2KxR’s librarian, which now makes it possible to fetch plugin data to librarian, or shall we say, save the current patch to librarian file. Korg MS2KxR got updated to version 1.0.9 with this little addition.
Enjoy the Korg’s, at least I do since I very much fell in love with them both while tweaking the knobs & explored the sound engines.
DOWNLOAD THE DEMO : https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/product/korg-microkxr-audiounit-vsti-librarian-editor-plug-in/
DOWNLOAD THE UPDATE: https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/my-account/
After long hours watching, studying and hating the Korg MS2000 mega-sysex-chunk (37 000+ bytes) we are pleased to tell that it is finally resolved. Although it took some time, I still learned to love the MS2000 sound even further while working on with this. I will be making a soundset for the MS2000 which will be included in future version of the plugin.
Now you can request entire memory from Korg MS2000 / MS2000R to our librarian and hit save to put it into your HDD!
We updated graphics, functions and memory handling functions with this release. Here is the full list:
- [Update] Updated graphics for various knobs, switches and layers.
- [Update] Improved patch list refreshing after discarding or saving patch data.
- [Update] Changed sysex knobs and switches to NRPN format to prevent peaks in processor usage.
- [Fixed] Decreased memory load by 1000%.
- [New] Added settings tab and it’s controls.
- [New] Added menus for MIDI1 and MIDI2 controllers in settings page.
- [New] Added velocity curve menu in settings page.
- [New] Added function that sends global data to hardware when leaving settings page.
- [New] Added Tempo lock switch to prevent tempo change up on preset change.
- [New] Added vibrato int knob in main window.
- [New] Added bend range menu in main window.
- [New] Added timbre transpose knob in main window.
- [New] Added timbre tuning knob in main window.
- [New] When in edit mode, knobs send SysEx commands from hardware to UI and now changes values correspondingly in software UI.
- [New] Timbre 1 and timbre 2 MIDI channel lock switches added to prevent midi channel changes up on preset load.
- [New] Load to timbre 1 and load to timbre 2 / load from timbre 1 and load from timbre 2 switches added to librarian page so we can choose which timbre data we send from librarian files to hardware timbres of users choice.
- [New] Patches can be changed via arrow keys in librarian window while the mouse is over the banks patch names.
- [New] Storing patch data to HDD is now possible.
- [New] Reading Korg MS2000 format data added as well as our own bank data.
- [New] Added save button in librarian to overwrite currently edited bank.
- [New] Librarian can now receive and map all patch data from hardware to corresponding patch slots.
- [Coming soon] Ability to write MS2000 memory with patch data chunk from library.
- [Coming soon] Ability to write current patch from plugin UI to librarian.
- [Coming soon] User manual.
- Known issue: Digital Performer hangs while hitting “save as…” on librarian. Workaround: Create copy of your bank you wish to edit with unique name, do the edits and hit save after editing file in librarian is done.
And the new main window:
Download the updater, either 32 or 64 bit version from your account today! :-)
While we are working with our other plugin developments, we wanted to let you know that we are working on this new plugin for Clavia Nord Lead 1,2 & 2X -series. Utilizing the same features as our other plugins, this is going to be a great one, since in Nord you have to remember all the slots where you saved your previous work – No naming patches / performances, but this is about to change.
With our new Clavia NL2xR Editor & Librarian Plugin, you will be able to send patches to each of the slots individually, meaning you can now fasten up your workflow with sequencers and DAWs like any other software synth. We personally own Nord Rack 2 to build the plugin and it’s functions, but if there is anyone with Nord Lead / Rack 1 and Nord Lead / Rack 2X, please step forward and give us a shout!
We are also in progress of investigating possibility to implement DiscoDSP’s Discovery patch data into our plugin, meaning, if you are in the road / plane and you work with Discovery to make the tracks and you want to polish them off in studio with NL2xR, you could import the Discovery data right into our plugin.
Another Clavia Editor will be announced soon along with Novation Editor, so stay tuned!Clavia NL2xR is available for Pre-order
It is time to make an official announcement of our latest developments and we give you Korg microKxR AU/VST Editor & Librarian plugin for Korg microKorg users. This plugin follows the same product specifications we have set for our other products as well: Automation with easy parameter handling within the DAW, Total Recall of patch settings when re-opening your project, Librarian management and a lot more! More specs and beta download links to follow in a short time.
While we are still working on this under the digital domain, it is going to hit the store in few weeks / days. We will introduce a special offer for everyone in microKorg Facebook group so be sure to join in (the offer is out there already, find our post to fetch it)! ^_^
Stay tuned, there is more to come with new products! Share your thoughts about the UI in the comments section.
Korg microKxR Main
Korg microKxR Librarian