Finally, after more than a year, we have finally finished our Clavia NL2xR update. This update includes amazing new User Interface, new improved librarian and lost more!
Here is the list of the changes we made, requested by our users:
Version 2.0.0 / 2017-10-25
- [New] Completely new User Interface, following up our new guidelines. Plug-in user interface size is now 1500×667 pixels, so make sure that your display range is good before updating!
- [New] Nord Lead and Nord Rack 1st generation integration has been completed. Some errors may occur, but we are fixing them as they occur.
- [New] Completely reworked Librarian and its functions. Copy and Paste, Drag’n’Drop and requests work as expected. Save As Standard MIDI saves the bank in Standard MIDI specifications.
- [New] Global Lock – This locks the MIDI channels per slot and other performance settings which are not single patch settings. If Global Lock is on, performances clicked through the librarian will be sent to hardware so that it picks up the user interface settings along. This ensures the MIDI channels and other settings are intact. Releasing Global Lock sends the data as is.
- [New] Randomizer – User can now randomize the Currently selected SLOT by clicking the randomizer button. If section locks are active, these parameters will not be affected by the randomizer.
- [New] Global Link Channel – This is the regular DeviceID / Global MIDI channel of the Nord, but once notes or controllers are sent to plug-in at this channel, it will be distributed across all slots.
- [New] Solo slots – This button works if data is triggered via the Global Link / MIDI channel so user can listen to individual channels while making a massive layered sound.
- [New] Graphics for Nord 1st generation models. Once the model is chosen from the top left corner, user interface will change to display corresponding settings of the 1st generation Nord Leads / Nord Racks.
- [New] Section locks are now extended to Velo/Morph areas as well.
- [New] MIDI input stage leds. Once MIDI is triggered from a channel that is present on a slot, the slot LED will blink indicating where the data came and goes to.
- [New] Program number display now shows programs in segments of 1-10, 11-20 etc. The program names will be picked up from librarian if librarian control is toggled.
- [New] Data location has been moved over to /User/Documents/Mystery Islands Music/Clavia NL2xR Editor/ – license.key and Patches folder will be located here. Install first the new version and then move over the license.key & presets.
- [Important] This version is not backward compatible with the v1.x.x. It is very important that you make a backup of your project, open the project with old plug-in instance in use -> send data to hardware -> store the performance in hardware -> install new plug-in version and request data from Hardware to continue where you were left off.
- [Important] Plug-in license.key should be copied manually to folder mentioned above or via Librarian -> Bank Edit menu -> Register plug-in… if the display indicates “Reload License”.
- [Note] Librarian view has been updated so user can choose a slot from the librarian view when selecting new presets. Drag and drop works now so that user can drag patches from bottom list to upper list.
New user interface for Nord 2 Specs:
New user interface for Nord 1 Specs:
New librarian view:
We hope you will enjoy this update. Update is free for all the existing NL2xR license owners.
Download the update from https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/downloads/ – We are adding the downloads manually to every customer. Once you receive an email to your registered email account about NL2xR membership, the update is ready for you.
As always, we appreciate our customers feedback and we want to make our products better. Thanks to everyone participated so far :-)