Can't bulk dump presets to any bank

Forums Waldorf qXr AudioUnit / VST Editor & Librarian qXr Support Can't bulk dump presets to any bank

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Novaline – Mystery Islands Music Support 2 months, 1 week ago.

• Author

DevonB
    Community Folk
    @devonbrent

No matter what preset bank I have in the plugin, it doesn’t matter if the upper or lower preset bank is loaded in Patch Librarian (I notice in Novation Supernova II, it’s the lower window’s presets that get transferred to the SNII. I notice in JP8080, it’s the upper window’s presets that get transferred to the JP) when I do a write of a full bank to any of the banks A/B/C/X (I have a Q card as well), it says it’s Writing when I do Bank Edit then pick a bank to transfer it too (I’ve tried A, C and X) counts up 0-100% just fine, but nothing is transferred. I can select patches in the multi just fine, and they play back fine. However, I cannot dump full banks to the Q unlike SNII and JP plugins. I just triple checked my settings as well in the Q.

Suggestions? Not sure this is a bug or something I’m doing wrong?

Devon

Devon

Novaline – Mystery Islands Music Support
    @novaline

hi devon,

i have sent a message to jani to get an answer to this ASAP.

i´ll let you know asap when i get an asnwer.

regards

novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

@novaline

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hello again so I got an answer to this.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>JP plugin still has the old framework which allows transmission from left bank to hardware, where as in SN2X you can either send upper or lower bank to hardware, based on the currently selected program in the librarian window. What I mean is that if a patch on the lower bank is highlighted and you go to send full bank to hardware, it is the bank which has the highlighted preset that goes to the synth.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Jani is working on the librarian usage video set, which will cover all these topics. Jani will also update the QxR plugin soon, so the bank writing will work as expected.</p>

I’m here on his behalf to clean the support threads so he can concentrate on working with updates and plug-ins.

Hope this answer helps.

Regards

Novaline

STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201

DevonB
      Community Folk
      @devonbrent

Ok, so the Q bank dump is broken, it’s not me? That’s at least good to know.

Devon

Devon

@novaline

yes its broken and im glad we came to that conclusion and found that out!

bug is being reported to jani.

thanks

regards

novaline

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.