This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Novaline – Mystery Islands Music Support 1 month, 3 weeks ago.
- 06/08/2018 at 10:55 #39400
Instructions what to do before inserting our plug-in to project
First we need to make sure the hardware is ready to communicate with the software. In order to do so, we need to make sure that some pre-required settings are set accordingly.
Plug your MIDI cables to the MIDI device and Audio Jacks to your mixer / soundcard.
MIDI out from synth to MIDI device in and vice versa. No MIDI thru or other ports.
Fire up your Virus. Our plug-in is designed to work only in multi mode, single mode is not supported and will never be.
Menu and Button examples from Virus TI user manual.
Choose MULTI or SEQ mode for Virus.
Enter Virus Settings by clicking “Config“.
Check your Virus manual how to enter settings. The menu items below may vary based on your Virus model.
Use parameter buttons to find and value buttons adjust following parameters (img 1):
- Knob Behavior -> Target = Internal+MIDI.
- Global Tuning -> Master Tuning = your choice.
- Global Tuning -> Pure Tuning = your choice.
- System 1 / 5 -> All Delays = your choice.
- System 1 / 5 -> All Reverbs = your choice.
- System 2 / 5 -> All Arpeggiators = your choice.
- System 2 / 5 -> All EQs = your choice.
- System 3 / 5 -> skip.
- System 4 / 5 -> Mem Protect = Disabled.
- System 4 / 5 -> LCD Contrast = your choice.
- System 5 / 5 -> skip.
- MIDI 1 / 3 -> Global Channel = your choice.
- MIDI 1 / 3 -> Soft Thru = Off.
- MIDI 1 / 3 -> MIDI Device ID = 1. (VERY IMPORTANT).
- MIDI 2 / 3 -> Arp Note Send = your choice.
- MIDI 2 / 3 -> MIDI Clock = your choice.
- MIDI 2 / 3 -> MIDI Volume = Disabled.
- MIDI 3 / 3 -> Program Change = Enabled.
- MIDI 3 / 3 -> Multi Prog. Change = Disabled.
- Receive MIDI Dump -> Receive Dump = Enable.
- Transmit MIDI Dump -> Skip.
- MIDI Control -> Page A = Controller Data.
- MIDI Control -> Page B = SysEx.
All set! We are now ready to open our plug-in in DAW!
To get more information about how to adjust your synth, read the Access Virus User Manual.
Put your setup details in the signature to help us understand your setup, thank you!
Access Virus C & Virus TI2, Clavia Nord Rack 2 & Nord Rack 3, Roland JP-8000 & JP-8080, Novation Nova, Supernova Rack, Supernova 2 Rack, UltraNova & KS-Rack, Waldorf Q Rack, microQ, Pulse + & Blofeld SL, Korg MS2000R, Radias & microKorg, Yamaha AN1x, AN200, CS6x + PLG150-AN & EX5, M-Audio Venom, 3x UA Apollo Quad, Satellite Quad, PoCo x8, MOTU micro lite, 2x Emagic AMT8, MacPro 6,1
You must be logged in to access attached files.
- 18/01/2019 at 19:29 #47583
Very helpful. Is there a technical reason single mode will never be supported?
- 20/01/2019 at 16:04 #47619
Novaline – Mystery Islands Music SupportModerator@novaline
the answer for your question is:
Single mode is no different from multimode in performance point of the synth.
single mode uses different messages for most parameters.
therefore, Jani will not code in single mode messages & multimessages.
There is no way the editor can tell if the synth is in multi or single mode which would lead to more crashes and jani would be more interested to hear why one wants to use it in single mode.
because it is a multitimbral synth and the editor is made to take control over the virus, there is no reason for the user to use the virus in the first place. you can do all from the plugin
hope this was good enough.
STUDIO GEAR: RME FIREFACE 802, ALESIS AI3, EVE AUDIO SC 207, ROLAND JP8000, ROLAND JP8080, NOVATION SUPERNOVA, ACCESS VIRUS A, WALDORF PULSE, ROLAND SH201
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.