Connection Time Outs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Novaline – Mystery Islands Music Support 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

pagroove
    Community Folk
    @pagroove

Hi,

I purchased your nice editor based upon the demo and then it was doing everything I wanted and it worked. However in the paid version I have Midi connection timeouts. I am working in Logic 10.4.2 with an Access Virus Rack (B version) and on a Komplete Audio 6 Audio/Midi Interface. I have read your setup guides and all pages are set correctly in my synth.

Is there any way to re-download legacy versions?

Also the patch names aren’t showing up in the left column of the patch browser.

Do you have any ideas how about solving the connection time outs. I have also tried different intervals from short 200 to long and it don’t seem to make any difference. But maybe I am doing something wrong hence my questions.

Attachments:

pagroove
    Community Folk
    @pagroove

Hi,

I installed the newest version of the Editor. Still getting the time outs. I tried different settings and intervals also tried the setting to sync to midi buffer of DAW. Also Sync to HW does not load up the patches and gives a Connetion TIME OUT. The version that I tried as a demo did not have this problem on my HW.

Jonathan Johnson
      Community Folk
      @jon-johnsonathomebtopenworld-com

I appear to have the same issue with the editor. There’s obviously something I’m overlooking but would appreciate a clue? Running editor in Reason with Loopmidi and Midiox. Notice that it would appear that the editor can’t latch onto the Virus with ID set to 1

Jonathan Johnson
      Community Folk

Apologies. I have now managed to get the editor working by using the Virus USB connection rather than traditional midi out. For those wanting to know how I set Reason system up I attach screenshot – using loopmidi, Midiox combination to make it all work. Only set 6 channels up to test audio outs work. I think I can lose the Virus Midi connection in Midiox and it will still work. Haven’t done it as don’t want to tempt fate. Doesn’t provide midi indication lights in Editor but all knobs work.Reason-Setup

Attachments:

Novaline – Mystery Islands Music Support
    @novaline

hello Jonathan,

i will try to help here.

you are missing something on midi ox to make the full connection to 100%

what you need to do to is to create a virtual device for both midi in and out. for example :VIRUS B IN & VIRUS B OUT.

I will provide my example on how my connection on midi-ox works like.

go through my photo i provided for midi-ox and make the lines as shown and dont forget to uncheck system exclusive on one of them as it says on the photo.

also, make sure that the settings on your virus are also correct for the editor. its VERY important.

Make also sure that you have activated the VIRUS MIDI OUT on the OUTPUT section.

Do all the steps and let me know what results you get.

hope it helps.

regards

Novaline

ANALOG & VA IS THE SHIZZLE!

OWNER OF : ACCESS VIRUS A, JP8080, JP8000, SUPERNOVA

Attachments:
    1 user thanked author for this post.

Jonathan Johnson
      Community Folk

Hi Novaline. Thanks for your input on this. I now have round tripping set-up in Midi-ox which allows me to use Editor interactively. It has highlighted one other challenge for me which I suspect may be a DAW software issue so I’ll ask for guidance on that in a separate thread.

Regards

Jon

Novaline – Mystery Islands Music Support
    @novaline

Hi jonathan,

you´re mostly welcome! happy to hear that i could help!

can i ask what DAW software issue that might be?

regards

Novaline

ANALOG & VA IS THE SHIZZLE!

OWNER OF : ACCESS VIRUS A, JP8080, JP8000, SUPERNOVA

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.