Access Virus|HC AudioUnit & VSTi Librarian Editor Plug-in is the perfect editor for everyone who has been requesting a stable and solid Virus Editor for a long time now. After several years ago, Access Music introduced their Virus TI synth range, which was boosted up with massive features such as audio stream directly into your DAW via USB and also the Virus plugin. Due to these great features, the most loved editor & librarian program “SoundDiver” was forgotten and many Virus users instantly upgraded to Virus TI and perhaps forgot their Virus A, Virus B or Virus C synth. Well, it is time to pick those synths up, connect the PSU, audio and MIDI cables! We created the Virus|HC plugin to meet the standards required for DAW-working environments: Edit your Access Virus hardware synth directly from your DAW without flipping thru different applications, organize patches within your plugin window to load, edit and save them directly to your HDD. You can run our plugin in Mac AudioUnit & VSTi format and PC VSTi format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with Virus|HC plugin and any Virus model. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches, make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more sync issues, saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control any model of Access Virus directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Virus compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow these steps and you can’t go wrong :-) Check user manual for more instructions!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our Virus|HC Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Virus is connected.
- Click Multi Settings from plugin window and choose your Virus model from the list.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your Virus.
- Fire up your Virus and click System/Config to edit MIDI parameters.
- Check parameters below and make sure they match:
- Midi Dump RX: Enabled
- SoftThru : Off
- LoPage : Contr
- HiPage : SysEx
- MemProtect : Off
- Virus is now ready to communicate with our plugin. If not, check Device ID and that they match. Enjoy!
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from Virus keyboard.
Knowing the interface
- Choose your MIDI input and output devices from the list where your Virus is connected at.
- Big ‘tab’ buttons to scroll through different pages of preset for easier editing.
- Choose your Virus model to display options that are available in your model.
- Part selection buttons to edit different parts of your Virus. Virus TI Snow has only 4 parts to edit, while others have 16.
- Display Parch Browser to choose from thousands and thousands of quality presets.
- Big display to show a lot information containing your sound edit.
- Some menus will be available only for Virus TI models, like Oscillator Mode, where you can choose from various engine types.
- A small but happy face displaying your plug-in licensing state :-)
Download, Setup & Register
Hardware & Software Settings
Using the librarian
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 8. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 12. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
Virus|HC Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Pricing: 49.95 EUR (+ VAT for EU customers) – Lifetime free updates and support!
Availability: NOW !
Current version: MAC v1.4.13 | PC v1.5.0
This package includes “Access Virus Revealed Volume 1” soundset so don’t add it to your cart :-)
Access Virus A/B/C/TI is a trademark of Access Music GmbH