Clavia NL2xR AudioUnit & VST Librarian Editor Plug-in, perfect companion for Nord 1, 2 and 2X synthesizer. Faster control and automation access than ever, NL2xR takes your Nord Lead / Nord Rack 1,2 & 2X into a whole new level in the game! Control the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Connect your Hardware seamlessly into your DAW. NL2xR will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your Nord Lead automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synth. You can run our plugin in Mac AudioUnit & VST format and PC VST format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with NL2xR plugin and Nord Lead / Rack. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches & make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more external applications for saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control Clavia Nord 1,2 & 2X synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Nord Lead / Rack compatible (1,2 &2X) soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow these steps and you can’t go wrong :-) Check user manual for more instructions!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our NL2xR Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Nord 1, 2 or 2X is connected.
- Choose your Nord Model from the top left corner.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your Nord 1, 2 or 2X synth.
- Fire up your Nord.
- Enter Performance Mode.
- Choose MIDI channels per part.
- NL2: Make sure Global MIDI channel is 5.
- NL2X: Make sure Global MIDI channel is 16.
- Enable Program Changes
- Enable Control Changes.
- Nord Lead / Rack (1,2 or 2X) is now ready to communicate with our plugin.
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from Nord Lead 2 keyboard.
Knowing the interface – Clavia NL2xR Editor & Librarian Plugin
- Select MIDI input and output where your hardware is connected at.
- Show and hide Performance Settings.
- Choose SLOT and GLOBAL / LINK channel.
- Randomize currently selected SLOT patch.
- Toggle on to make hardware follow plug-in SLOT changes.
- SLOT selector. You can choose up to 4 unique sounds per performance.
- Name display! Yes, you can name your presets to easier recall.
- Select presets from plug-in librarian when toggling presets from hardware.
- Open librarian view to manage your presets and performances.
- Velocity / Morph map view.
- Model Selector: Choose Nord Lead 1, Nord Lead 2 or Nord Lead 2X which corresponds to your hardware.
Download, Setup & Register
Hardware & Software Settings
Using the librarian
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 7. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 10. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
Our demo downloads public, so there are no strings attached when you want to try the demo. Just give it a go from the links below!
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
NL2xR Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Pricing: 49.95 EUR (+ VAT for EU customers) – Lifetime free updates & support!
Availability: NOW !!
Current version: Check from DEMO downloads above
Full version downloads for registered owners: Downloads
This package includes “Clavia / Discovery Northern Lights” soundset so don’t add it to your cart
Clavia Nord Lead / Nord Lead 2 / Nord Lead 2X is a trademark of Clavia DMI AB.