Korg microKxR, our product to your enquiries. Faster control and automation access than ever, microKxR takes your microKorg into a whole new level in the game! Control the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Connect your Hardware seamlessly into your DAW. microKxR will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your microKorg automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synth. You can run our plugin in Mac AudioUnit & VSTi format and PC VSTi format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with microKxR plugin and microKorg. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches & make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more external applications for saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control Korg microKorg synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any MicroKorg / MS2000 compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow these steps and you can’t go wrong :-) Check user manual for more instructions!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our microKxR Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your microKorg is connected.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your microKorg synth.
- Fire up your microKorg and turn Edit Select 2 to MIDI.
- Check parameters below and make sure they match:
- MIDI channel : 01 -> Refer to microKorg user manual p51.
- Local : ON
- Clock : External
- ProgChg, CtrlChg & SystemEx : ENA -> Refer to microKorg user manual p60.
- Memory Protect -> OFF. Refer to microKorg user manual p63.
- microKorg is now ready to communicate with our plugin. If not, check Librarian tab and click “Sync Data from HW”. Enjoy!
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from microKorg keyboard.
Knowing the interface – Korg microKxR Editor & Librarian Plugin
- Set MIDI In and Output devices.
- Adjust microKorg Global settings.
- Enter Patch Librarian.
- Choose which Timbre you wish to edit and/or link layers together.
- Choose next / previous program.
- Toggle to load next / previous program from librarian.
- Edit Arp Steps.
Download, Setup & Register
Hardware & Software Settings
Using the librarian
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 7. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 10. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
Our demo downloads public, so there are no strings attached when you want to try the demo. Just give it a go from the links below!
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
- Korg microKorg series hardware synth.
- MIDI interface.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VSTi host.
- Win XP, Vista, 7 or 8 with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
- Min resolution of 1500 x 700px. Plug-in window can not be resized.
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
microKxR Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Pricing: 49.95 EUR (+ VAT for EU customers) – Lifetime updates & support!
Availability: NOW !!
Current version: MAC V1.2.1 | PC V1.2.1
Some functions like storing bank to HW are limited. Make sure to backup your data before proceeding with the plugin!
Korg microKorg is a trademark of Korg Inc.