Korg MS2KxR AudioUnit & VSTi Librarian Editor Plug-in is the missing link between your DAW and your Korg MS2000 series synth. Faster control and automation access than ever, MS2KxR takes your Korg MS2000(B) / MS2000(B)R into a whole new level in the game! Control the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Connect your Hardware seamlessly into your DAW. MS2KxR will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your MS2000(B) / MS2000(B)R automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synth. You can run our plugin in Mac AudioUnit & VSTi format and PC VSTi format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with Korg MS2KxR plugin and any MS2000 series model. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches & make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more external applications for saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control Korg MS2000 series synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any MS2000 / MicroKorg compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow these steps and you can’t go wrong :-) Check user manual for more instructions!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our Korg MS2KxR Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your MS2000(R) is connected.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your MS2000-series synth.
- Fire up your MS2000 and click Global under the display.
- Check parameters below and make sure they match:
- Memory Protect : Off
- MIDI channel : 01
- Local : ON
- Clock : External
- ProgChg, CtrlChg & SystemEx : ENA
- MS2000 is now ready to communicate with our plugin. If not, check Librarian tab and click “Global + Patch”. Enjoy!
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from MS2000 keyboard.
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 7. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 10. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
Korg MS2KxR Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Pricing: 49.95 EUR (+ VAT for EU customers) – Lifetime updates.
Availability: NOW !!
Current version: MAC v1.0.9 | PC v1.0.9
Current version is missing few functions. Read more from our change log tab -> trello board! Make sure to backup your data before proceeding with the plugin!
Korg MS2000 & MS2000R is a trademark of Korg Inc.