Roland JP-80×0 is the first decent MIDI & SysEx AU/VST editor-librarian plug-in for Mac and Windows users. You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 by the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins? Now it’s possible with our Editor-Librarian plug-in that allows you to get your Hardware connected into your DAW. JP-80×0 will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your JP-8000 / JP-8080 automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your JP-8000 / JP-8080 synth. This plug-in is great even if your JP-8000 / JP-8080 is broken = knobs & sliders not working.
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with JP-80×0 plugin and Roland JP-8000 or JP-8080. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches, make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control your JP-8000 or JP-8080 directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any JP-8000 / JP-8080 compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow these steps and you can’t go wrong :-) Check user manual for more instructions!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our JP-80×0 Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your JP is connected. Only MIDI in and out, KBD input is not supported.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your JP-8000 or JP-8080.
- Fire up your JP-8000 or JP-8080 and click shift+5 to edit MIDI parameters (edit->5 in 8080).
- Check parameters below and make sure they match:
- Rx Exclusive SW : ON
- MIDI Thru : OFF
- Tx/Rx Edit SW : ON
- Tx/Rx Edit Mode : MODE1
- JP is now ready to communicate with our plugin. If not, check Device ID and set it to 17. Enjoy!
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from Roland JP-8000.
Knowing the interface – Roland JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian Plugin
- Choose your MIDI input and output devices from the list where your JP-8000 or JP-8080 is connected at.
- Choose your JP model, either JP-8080 or JP-8000.
- Select Panel which you work on at. JP must be set to performance mode to operate with this plug-in.
- View Velocity and Control Assign mapping.
- Sync ARP & FX to DAW tempo.
- View Performance & Patch browser. Load single Patches to Upper or Lower Panel.
- Scroll Performances or single Patches from Librarian, instead from hardware.
- View Performance or single panel Patch name.
- Click on Performance or single Patch name to rename the current sound.
- A small but happy face displaying your plug-in licensing state :-)
Download, Setup & Register
Hardware & Software Settings
Using The Librarian
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 7. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 10. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
Our demo downloads public, so there are no strings attached when you want to try the demo. Just give it a go from the links below!
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
- Roland JP-8000 or Roland JP-8080.
- MIDI Interface.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VSTi host.
- Win XP, Vista, 7 or 8 with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
JP-80×0 Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Pricing: 49.95 EUR (+ VAT for EU customers) – Lifetime free updates & support!
Availability: NOW !!
Current version: MAC v2.1.3 | PC v2.1.3
This package includes “Roland JP-80×0 Always Alive Soundset” so don’t add it to your cart :-)
Roland JP-8080 & JP-8000 is a trademark of Roland Corporation