JP-80×0, the first decent MIDI & SysEx AU/VSTi editor-librarian plug-in for Mac and Windows users. You ever wanted to control, automate & work with your Roland JP-8000 / JP-8080 by the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins? Now it’s possible with our Editor-Librarian plug-in that allows you to get your Hardware connected into your DAW. JP-80×0 will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your JP-8000 / JP-8080 automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your JP-8000 / JP-8080 synth. This plug-in is great even if your JP-8000 / JP-8080 is broken = knobs & sliders not working.
This plug-in is not a software synthesizer! This is pure editor for real hardware synthesizer!
– Connect your JP-8000 / JP-8080 directly into your DAW.
– Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from our plug-in.
– Plug-in user interface reacts to hardware knob & buttons movements
– Automate almost every parameter within your DAW.
– Edit both layers from the plug-in individually or link layers together.
– You can request thru User, Preset and Memory Card** library within the plug-in.
– You can send the parameters from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp buffer and save them from there or you can directly write user memory from our plug-in.
– JP-8000 incompatible parameters marked with **.
– Knob & button values are sent to hardware.
– View & edit performance name in plug-in interface .
– v2: Request current patch from selected slot to librarian.
– v2: Request all patches from selected bank to librarian.
– v2: Store currently selected patch from librarian to hardware.
– v2: Store current patch bank from librarian to hardware.
– v2: Request temp performance data to librarian.
– v2: Request current performance from selected slot to librarian.
– v2: Request all performance data from selected bank to librarian.
– v2: Store currently selected performance data from librarian to hardware.
– v2: Store current performance bank from librarian to hardware.
– v2: Load any midi / sysex patch or performance bank to librarian.
– v2: Browse performance & patch banks within plugin librarian.
– v2: Load currently selected performance data to plugin memory.
– v2: Load currently selected performance bank to plugin memory.
– v2: Load selected single patch to selected performance slot (upper / lower).
– Software stores last used performance data with plug-in to it’s memory.
– Software loads last used performance data with project load and sends it to hardware.
– v2: Organize performance data in librarian and save a new performance bank to hard drive.
– v2: Organize patch data in librarian and save a new patch bank to hard drive
– Send performance data to hardware from plugin by using white user interface buttons.
– Request performance data from selected bank to plugin white buttons memory (8×8=64 slots).
– v2: Option to scroll thru hardware programs without sending performance / patch data to hardware.
– v2: View & edit upper / lower part patch name.
– v2: View & edit upper / lower part velocity sensitivity levels.
– v2: View & edit upper / lower part control assign sensitivity levels.
– v2: More knobs & buttons now reacts to hardware knob / button movements.
– v2: Select performance midi channel.
– v2: Select remote kbd midi channel.
What it won’t do:
– Transmit any audio.
– JP-8080 Voice modulator parameters are not available.
– External audio inputs not selectable.
– v2: Plug-in v1.x preset format is not available anymore.
Known limitations in Windows:
– As part of Windows operating system and it’s structure, it’s not possible to share same midi devices between different apps, so you need to disable those midi ports from your DAW that you want to use with our plug-in. More info HERE
Pricing: 49.95 EUR – Lifetime updates.
Availability: NOW !!
Current version: MAC v2.0.3 | PC v2.0.3
- JP-80×0 Editor plug-in for VSTi and AU format (32 & 64 bit PC & Intel MAC)
– Mystery Islands Roland JP-80×0 “Always Alive” soundset (midi format)
– Alan Marcero’s Roland JP-80×0 soundset (midi format)
– JP-80×0 Plug-in Quick start guide (see download tab)
- Not possible to automate
– Total Recall not enabled
– Librarian functions are limited
– Not possible to register
This package includes “Roland JP-80×0 Always Alive Soundset” so don’t add it to your cart :-)
Roland JP-8080 & JP-8000 is a trademark of Roland Corporation