Waldorf bloX, for one of the best synthesizers to date, Waldorf Blofeld series. Faster control and automation access than ever, bloX takes your Waldorf Blofeld into a whole new level in the game! Control the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Connect your Hardware seamlessly into your DAW. bloX will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your Waldorf Blofeld-series automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synth. We also added the ability to load in Waldorf microQ and Q patches! (WHAT? Yes!) You can run our plug-in in Mac AudioUnit & VST format and PC VST format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with bloX plugin and Waldorf Blofeld. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches & make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more external applications for saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control Waldorf Blofeld Desktop / Keyboard synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Waldorf microQ / Q / Blofeld compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our Waldorf bloX Plug-in and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Blofeld is connected.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data with your Waldorf Blofeld synth.
- Fire up your Waldorf Blofeld.
- Enter Multimode.
- Make sure Global has Ctl.send at Ctl+SysEx and receive is on.
- Enable Program and Bank Changes.
- Make sure Device ID matches with plug-in and hardware.
- Blofeld is now ready to communicate with our plug-in.
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from Waldorf Blofeld keyboard.
Knowing the interface – Waldorf bloX Editor & Librarian Plug-in
- Choose your MIDI input and output devices from the list where your Blofeld is connected at.
- Randomize currently selected part.
- Main tab for selecting sound editing parameters, per part.
- Choose your skin – White or Black.
- Global & Multi settings.
- Additional Multi Part settings.
Download, Setup & Register
Hardware & Software Settings
Using the librarian
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 7. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 10. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
- Waldorf Blofeld Desktop or Blofeld Keyboard hardware synth.
- Direct USB connection from Blofeld to Computer.
- Mac OS X 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VSTi host.
- Win XP, Vista, 7, 8 or 10 with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
- 1500 x 900px min screen resolution.
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
Waldorf bloX Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Pricing: 49.95 EUR (+ VAT for EU customers) – Lifetime free updates & support!
Availability: NOW !!
Current version: Check from DEMO downloads above
Full version downloads for registered owners: Downloads
Waldorf blofeld and blofeld keyboard are a trademark of Waldorf Music GmbH.