Waldorf PulseX AudioUnit & VSTi Librarian Editor Plug-in
Waldorf PulseX AudioUnit & VST Librarian Editor Plug-in, for Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+ series. Faster control and automation access than ever, PulseX takes your Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+ into a whole new level in the game! Control the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Connect your Hardware seamlessly into your DAW. PulseX will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+-series automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synth. We also added the ability to load in & import Waldorf Pulse 2 patches! You can run our plugin in Mac AudioUnit & VST format and PC VST format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with PulseX plugin and Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches & make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more external applications for saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+ synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+ / Pulse 2 compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Check Specifications tab for more info about the plug-in capabilities.
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow the steps below and you can’t go wrong. Check PulseX Support Pages for detailed setup instructions.
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our PulseX Plugin and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Pulse / Pulse+ is connected. Only MIDI in and out, MIDI thru is not supported.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your Pulse / Pulse+.
Fire up your Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+.
- Enter Global settings and make sure Global MIDI channel is set to 1.
- Device ID = 0.
- Everything should be ready to roll!
DAW MIDI filtering:
It is important to filter hardware MIDI messages coming from the Pulse / Pulse+ to avoid double processing the messages. Double processing happens when message is first received via the plug-in MIDI interface and then again from DAW MIDI interface.
MIDI in Windows environment does not support recourse sharing (in most cases), so you would have to disable the MIDI ports from DAW anyway.
More info in our PulseX Support Pages.
Check Downloads tab
for detailed Synthesizer settings.
Realistic Bi-directional Graphical User Interface
Our GUI design is made to make everything from sound design to patch editing as smooth as possible. When you push a button or twist a knob in your hardware, software will respond at appropriate layer. All the edits are stored within the project, so once the project is opened up again, Total Recall will send the data to hardware automatically.
Waldorf PulseX comes with ability to control all Pulse / Pulse+ parameters from the plug-in. You can send patches from Librarian Browser to your Pulse. Double click a patch on the librarian to send the patch.
Check Tutorials tab for more info about using the librarian.
Automating parameters in DAW
With FULL version of Waldorf PulseX plug-in, you can automate almost every parameter right from your DAW without having to remember all of the CC’s.
To do this simply, put your DAW automation to write mode and twist a knob. Automation lane should appear and you can then freely adjust the automation with your mouse.
SysEx parameters will not appearing in the automation list, due to the message data size being sent to hardware. This could eventually choke the MIDI interface stream and cause unwanted effects.
More instructions available at PulseX Support Pages.
Check Tutorials tab
for more info about working with DAW automation.
What you CAN do with our Waldorf PulseX plug-in:
- Control your Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+ series hardware synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Edit almost every parameter of your synthesizer from single PulseX plug-in instance.
- We added a bit more than 200 parameters to the plugin, so the sound editing should be painless and quick task.
- Automate almost every CC parameter in your DAW.
- Easier to handle automations than trying to remember hundreds of #CC’s.
- Adjust levels, panning and such from the plugin.
- Parameters that are available for automation will be listed on your DAW. (Ableton Live and other DAWs sees our parameters, when parameter is touched).
- Total Recall of the sounds used when loading project containing our plug-in.
- All of the current parameters from the plugin will be sent to the hardwares temp memory up on project reload!
- Time saver when thinking about storing, naming and loading data from multiple hardwares per project.
- Plugin reacts to hardware knob movements and displays knob, menu and button values within the plugin display.
- Store Entire Bank to your Pulse / Pulse+ series from the librarian.
- Store patches to your Pulse / Pulse+ -series from the librarian.
- Request entire bank from your Pulse / Pulse+ -series to the librarian.
- Request patches from your Pulse / Pulse+ -series to the librarian.
- Store requested or modified bank data to your own library (on your HDD).
- View & edit patch name in plug-in interface.
- View & edit category name in plug-in interface.
- Librarian supports MIDI and SysEx soundset formats across all Pulse / Pulse+, Pulse 2 models.
- Select next or previous librarian patch from hardware.
- Select next or previous hardware patch from librarian.
- Move patches from one bank to another and save as you like.
- You can send patches from the plug-in to your synthesizers Temp memory buffer OR you can write user memory slots through our plug-in.
- Download and import all of the Pulse / Pulse+ / Pulse 2 series soundsets in one folder for quick access through the plugin.
- Import Single patches (Pulse 1 / Pulse 2) into the Librarian.
- Each patch can have its name and category set.
What our plug-in can NOT do:
- Transmit any audio. You have to plug your Synthesizers audio jacks into your mixer in order to hear the sound.
- You can not remotely start and / or shut down your Synthesizer.
Operating system specified settings / limits:
Since Windows platform CAN NOT share resources between applications, it is important that you disable the MIDI input and output from your DAWs settings which you are intending to use with our plugin. If you leave the port open, our plugin will see it and once you click to use it, it WILL crash your DAW and you will lose your data. Check our tutorials for videos and documents to get everything working properly!
macOS works “out from the box” with resource sharing, you are good to go once you insert the plugin into your DAW. However, our plugin can cause you a MIDI loop if you leave the port open / unfiltered from your hardware to your DAW. You can set various filters in your DAW. (please refer to your DAW manual how to do it).
- Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+ hardware synth (1st generation).
Waldorf Pulse / Pulse+
- MIDI interface (cheap interfaces & some RME MIDI ports will not work).
- macOS 10.6 or later with AudioUnit or VST host.
- Windows XP or later with VSTi 2.4 compliant host.
- at least 1500×757 pixel resolution on your display.
What you get up on purchase:
- Mystery Islands Music PulseX Editor & Librarian plugin for macOS and Windows platforms. AudioUnit and VST included for both, 32 and 64 bit DAWs.
- Personal activation key, which is downloadable from “My Account” page after purchase.
- Full access to free updates, which can be downloaded from “Downloads” page or Downloads tab after purchase.
- Pulse 2 Factory Preset Banks included and a soundset by Synthmorph.
- As long as you have purchased valid license from our store, you are entitled to support and updates for life-time.
- Our support & knowledge base can be accessed here: https://help.mysteryislands-music.com/
Do you accept Refunds?
Since we deliver digital download product with lifetime license, refunds are only given at the discretion of the management. You should download the DEMO first to give it a go and read our guides through properly.
Does this plug-in generate sound?
Not at the moment. You can only control the real synthesizer with our plug-in.
In future, there might be PRO upgrades available, which will eliminate the need of the hardware completely and our plug-in works as a regular VSTi / AudioUnit / AAX instrument plug-in.
What are the plug-in requirements?
You need the real hardware synthesizer which the editor is made for. If PRO upgrade is available, hardware is not required.
List for requirements:
- You need the real hardware synth, which the editor is made for.
- 32/64-bit AudioUnit / VST host for Mac or PC.
- MIDI interface. A good one which supports SysEx messages. Don’t buy anything which is less than 50€.
- Direct MIDI in / out connection between your synth and the MIDI interface. No MIDI Thru connections or MIDI in only / MIDI out only connections.
- Audio cables from the synth to soundcard or mixer in order to hear the sound.
- At least 1600×1024 pixels resolution.
Why my DAW crashes when I set MIDI in / out from the plug-in?
Be sure to follow our User Guides to setup your DAW environment properly before using our plug-ins.
Which functions are not available in the DEMO version?
- User can not save requested data from synthesizer to HDD.
- User can not store patches from librarian to synthesizer.
- Total Recall is disabled. This means, your last used plug-in settings will not be sent to your synthesizer up on loading the project.
- Plug-in parameters are not visible for DAW to automate.
- Demo version can not be registered.
Can I transfer my license to someone else or include it when I sell the synth?
No. Once you purchase the license for the plug-in, you are solely entitled to lifetime support for the plug-in. It does not make sense to us, that once you sell the license, we would have to start supporting a new “client”.
Can I use my license on multiple computers?
Yes as long as the computer is yours. If we get support requests made with your license, by someone else than you, your license will be deleted.
Do I need a internet connection to activate the plug-in?
No, you can purchase the plug-in license from our store and download the license.key and full installers and bring them to your offline computer for setup.
I just purchased the plug-in, where can I download the license?
Click My Account and navigate to Orders tab. Once you are there, click on the order which contains the license for our plug-in and download from there.
How do I add the license.key for the plug-in to register?
license.key needs to be located in \User\Documents\Mystery Islands Music\”plug-in name”\ in order to register. * UPDATE * macOS users, except Access VirusHC users should place the license.key to /Library/Audio/Presets/Mystery Islands Music/”plug-in name”/ folder.
Reload your project or plug-in instance in order to validate.
Why plug-in says reload license after copying license to right folder?
Plug-in has failed to locate the proper file or the license check failed. Make sure the license is called “license.key” in the plug-in folder and not “license.key.txt”. If you see .txt appended, rename the file to “license.key” and try to validate again.
Where is the plug-in User Manual located?
We do not ship / deliver PDF or printer version of your documentary. You can find all the Online User Guides from our Support Site.
* UPDATE * We will start to ship How To manual series with our products in 2020.
Why plug-in displays DEMO version after purchasing the license?
You need to download and install FULL version of the plug-in in order to register it. Check next question for instructions.
Where can I find the FULL version installer?
Click Downloads or the product Downloads tab after purchase. Your FULL version installers should appear there.
Do I need to remove the DEMO before installing FULL version?
No. FULL installer will overwrite the DEMO version from your harddrive.
If I place pre-order for upcoming plug-in product, will I have access to beta version?
Yes. We will provide beta version of your product as soon as possible.
Is the pre-order charged upfront or at release date?
Pre-orders are charged immediately. This is a great opportunity for you to save some cash before any sales take place and you will get early access to the plug-in.
Not satisfied? Leave us a question via chat or head down to our Support Forums and create a new thread!