Waldorf qXr, for one of the best synthesizers to date, Waldorf Q series. Faster control and automation access than ever, qXr takes your Waldorf Q or Q+ into a whole new level in the game! Control the same way you use your VSTi and AudioUnit plug-ins. Connect your Hardware seamlessly into your DAW. qXr will recall your patch settings when you open your project and the data will be sent to your Waldorf Q-series automatically once you open your project. The only thing you need to worry, is that you power-up your synth. We also added the ability to load in Waldorf Blofeld and microQ patches! (WHAT? Yes!) You can run our plugin in Mac AudioUnit & VSTi format and PC VSTi format (both 32 & 64bit).
Since there are a lot of great software synthesizers in the markets today and because they are so fast to use, we wanted to bring this functionality to every producer out there with qXr plugin and Waldorf Q. It is now much faster to scroll thru patches & make edits within your DAW.
The best part is, when you reopen your project, you don’t have to worry about the patch data you had on your synth while producing: Our plugin stores all the data within the project and when you reopen the project, all of the used data gets sent to your hardware, automatically! No more external applications for saving, loading or transferring patch data. Welcome total recall.
- Control Waldorf Q / Q+ synthesizer directly from your DAW.
- Automate almost every parameter directly from your DAW.
- No need to remember CC’s for each knobs / per synthesizer. Goodbye sticky notes!
- Load, Edit and Store patches into hardware memory or in your HDD personal library.
- Store any Waldorf microQ / Q / Blofeld compatible soundset in your HDD library folder and browse it from our plugin.
- Send banks or individual patches from librarian to hardware.
- Request banks or individual patches from hardware to librarian.
- Total Recall: When you reopen your project, all of the data used in it, will be sent to the hardware, automatically!
Setting everything up
It is very easy to setup our plugin and to start using in your productions. Just follow these steps and you can’t go wrong :-) Check user manual for more instructions!
- Fire up your DAW and head to settings.
- Make sure MIDI input from the terminal used with your synth is disabled or adjust a filter in settings to disable CC and SysEx messages passing through.
- Load our Waldorf qXr Plug-in and select appropriate MIDI terminals from the upper right corner where your Q/Q+ is connected.
- Plugin is now ready to receive and send data to your Waldorf Q/Q+ synth.
- Fire up your Waldorf Q / Q+.
- Enter Multimode.
- Make sure Global has Ctl.send at Ctl+SysEx and receive is on.
- Enable Program and Bank Changes.
- Make sure Device ID matches with plug-in and hardware.
- Q / Q+ is now ready to communicate with our plug-in.
Simple filter (transform element) used inside Logic Pro to let notes pass thru into your DAW from Waldorf Q keyboard.
Knowing the interface – Waldorf qXr Editor & Librarian Plugin
- Choose your MIDI input and output devices from the list where your Q is connected at.
- Randomize currently selected part.
- Main tab for selecting sound editing parameters, per part.
- Choose your skin – Yellow, Halloween, Blue, Red or Phoenix.
- Choose your Q model, Q or Q+ to display Q+ additional parameters.
- Multi settings, check page 2 for additional parameters.
- Multimode mixer, use the gears icon to reveal more part adjustments.
Download, Setup & Register
Hardware & Software Settings
Using the librarian
Apple Logic Pro
Mac OS X 10.6 and UP
AudioUnit for Apple Logic Pro. Tested in Logic Pro 7, 9 and 10. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
VSTi for Steinberg Cubase. Tested in Cubase 5 and 7. Works in older version as well.
Mac OS X and Windows
AudioUnit and VSTi for Ableton Live. Tested in Live 9. Works in older version as well.
Imageline Fruity Loops
Windows XP and UP
VSTi for Imageline Fruity Loops. Tested in Fruity Loops 10. Works in older version as well.
… and others as well. Download the demo to see if it works for you. If it does not work, leave us a message and we will review it.
Our demo downloads public, so there are no strings attached when you want to try the demo. Just give it a go from the links below!
- Not possible to automate
- Total Recall not enabled
- Librarian functions are limited
- Not possible to register
OS X 32-bit
OS X 64-bit
Availability, Pricing and Current Version
Waldorf qXr Editor & Librarian comes down with a very good price. This price includes support for lifetime! :-)
Waldorf microQ Lite, microQ, Q, Q+ and Q Phoenix are a trademark of Waldorf Music GmbH.