We are thrilled to let you know that Roland JP-80×0 update is coming soon. It’s been almost 3 years since the last update and there are some critical issues we need to take care of. First of all, performances seem to have some issues in some cases when data is called from the JP to the librarian, MIDI I/O state was not saved properly within the project and some other things too. Due to this massive update, old versions of the plugin are not compatible with the new one. We are very sorry for that, but it is necessary call in order to make really good.
Partial list of upcoming version 2.1.0 updates / changes are listed below. We will update the change log in the product page as we go along.
- [New] Librarian will be completely re-written.
- [New] Librarian controls will be simplified and buttons will be replaced by a simple Menu.
- [New] Saving to sysex or standard midi format.
- [New] Import sysex or standard midi format from HDD directly into Patches folder.
- [New] Patches folder will be located in /User/Documents/Mystery Islands Music/ for quicker access.
- [New] Rename single patches or performances directly in librarian window.
- [New] Store current patch or performance to librarian.
- [New] Simplified controls on main editor page to view layer MIDI channels and other information a lot better.
- [New] Big informative display to show a lot more details about current controller and display Performance & current layer patch names at the same time.
- [Fixed] Graphics handling improvement will save up to 100% of CPU.
- [Fixed] JP-8000 / JP-8080 won’t change octave range to something completely different up on loading data via the plugin.
- [Fixed] Librarian will no longer miss patches up on receiving data from hardware. (unless there is a failure in MIDI cable).
- [Fixed] MIDI In / Out state is recalled properly after re-opening the project.
Estimated Release Date: 19-08-2016
Note 1: New version is not compatible with previous version of the plugin due to a lot of changes in the code.
Note 2: Update is free to all our existing customers as usual.
If you have any suggestions or ideas, please leave a message below to contribute. It’s a plugin for you, if you own a JP-8080 or JP-8000 so it’s your change to make a difference!