We are thrilled to let you know that Roland JP-80×0 update is coming soon. It’s been almost 3 years since the last update and there are some critical issues we need to take care of. First of all, performances seem to have some issues in some cases when data is called from the JP to the librarian, MIDI I/O state was not saved properly within the project and some other things too. Due to this massive update, old versions of the plugin are not compatible with the new one. We are very sorry for that, but it is necessary call in order to make really good.
Partial list of upcoming version 2.1.0 updates / changes are listed below. We will update the change log in the product page as we go along.
- [New] Librarian will be completely re-written.
- [New] Librarian controls will be simplified and buttons will be replaced by a simple Menu.
- [New] Saving to sysex or standard midi format.
- [New] Import sysex or standard midi format from HDD directly into Patches folder.
- [New] Patches folder will be located in /User/Documents/Mystery Islands Music/ for quicker access.
- [New] Rename single patches or performances directly in librarian window.
- [New] Store current patch or performance to librarian.
- [New] Simplified controls on main editor page to view layer MIDI channels and other information a lot better.
- [New] Big informative display to show a lot more details about current controller and display Performance & current layer patch names at the same time.
- [Fixed] Graphics handling improvement will save up to 100% of CPU.
- [Fixed] JP-8000 / JP-8080 won’t change octave range to something completely different up on loading data via the plugin.
- [Fixed] Librarian will no longer miss patches up on receiving data from hardware. (unless there is a failure in MIDI cable).
- [Fixed] MIDI In / Out state is recalled properly after re-opening the project.
Estimated Release Date: 19-08-2016
Note 1: New version is not compatible with previous version of the plugin due to a lot of changes in the code.
Note 2: Update is free to all our existing customers as usual.
If you have any suggestions or ideas, please leave a message below to contribute. It’s a plugin for you, if you own a JP-8080 or JP-8000 so it’s your change to make a difference!
Ok, so these are collected from Social Media:
Graphical feedback on envelopes :) , Midi import for Arp.
making graphic feedback for envelopes would be a huge task since I would have to purchase oscilloscopes to make them exactly like they are in the hardware rather than “look alike”. How would this MIDI import for Arp work? Is there possibility to create user arps in JP?
Would like to see a random patch generator, or morphing, or Genetic generation of patches. Most other editors from various companies have this capability.
Yes I will add randomizer, but not for the 2.1 release. I will schedule v2.2 after this one is done :-)
Currently, what is the latest version of the Roland JP-80×0 plugin? Sounds like version 2.1.0 is the one you want to jump into if you are a new user. Thanks!
Estimated release date is passed a month ago. any updates on this plugin? do you have x32 version?
Yes it has, but it will come up with 33% bigger UI so I’m gonna finish this first. No versions available until it comes out as in full :-) Wait will be worth it!
at least it will fit my 27 inch display haha
hey Jani, I`m having many problems with the AU jp8080 plugin. I`ve already read the manual but cannot do it works. (I`m a professional using this things) Firsts at all: my logic pro x does not up the 2.1.3 neither 2,0,3. Only ableton does, but 2,1,3 appears full screen and I cannot handle parameters below the middle. The arpeggiator just turn the led on but does not play through the daw, just if I play directly my jp. In you web page appears that the last plugin version is the 2,1,2..may be that version works. I do not know how have the 2,1,3 if the last is 2,1,2…anyway the link you posted to download the update is not working. I really need to do this work . I bought this plugin many months before and sent an email and the only reply was: read the manual…well I read it many times. Please give a solution. Thanks. Emil