Roland JP-80×0 v2.1.2 Update makes a public touchdown tonight! We have been working hard to make this update public now and we are very proud of the end result!
What has been changed? Well, a lot. But lets start from the basics. The most requested and reported issue was the librarian and how it worked out in the past. We are very happy to let you know that the librarian has had a complete rewrite and we added a lot new features too:
- You can now rename patches or performances directly in the librarian window.
- You can now adjust request interval between patch transmissions / requests to prevent missing patches from the process.
- You can now import patch or performance files directly into the librarian from your HDD without the need to move files around.
- New bank edit menu to make requests or dump data into the hardware and a lot more.
- And a whole lot more! Check our change log tab in the actual Roland JP-80×0 product page to find out more.
New User interface. As you might have seen from our social posts, we did re-do the User Interface to meet the modern demands. Our new User Interface is 33% bigger than the old version. You might think OK, but there is a trick here: You can not adjust the UI size. It is hard coded at 1500 x 757 px so the minimum resolution for your DAW must be at 1600 x 1080 pixels.
While we got the new size, the whole main layout had a rework from knobs to buttons and so on.
What else? Total recall with MIDI ports is now working as expected. We included all of the Roland JP-8080 parameters into the plugin core, while some of them are yet to implement. This ensures the data you receive from your hardware, will not be changed when project is recalled! New features we are working on as well:
- Randomizer (YES, a randomizer!! Screenshot of the function available in the product page).
- Voice Modulator parameters are under way.
We are also investigating if it is possible to modify pattern / motion set data since we can receive it, we should be able to adjust it as well and send it back.
As our policy says: “Updates are free for life” – You can now download the new version 2.1.2 from your account page. https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/account/ – Locate orders & licenses tab and find your order from the list that contains the JP-80×0 purchase. If you can not find your download or the order or you have ordered the JP-80×0 via Producers LunchBox in the past, drop us email at support at mysteryislands-music.com with your purchase receipt and we will sort it out.
If you find any bugs from the release, please head down to our forums at https://www.mysteryislands-music.com/forums/ and click Roland JP-80×0 forum and check the instructions how to file a bug report so we can fix it.
PLEASE NOTE: This new version is renamed to JP-80×0 Editor, so, if you have the old version installed, you might have to remove it manually later on :)
Manual addendum has been updated, so make sure the check it through – we have not yet updated our main manual yet!
Enjoy the new version and have a lot fun with it!